sexta-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2014

Taste The Floor with DIV I DED - An Interview


A República Tcheca já nos brindou lá em 1990 com uma preciosidade obscura chamada Ecstasy of Saint Theresa, ruidosos e sedutores mas que infelizmente viveram no submundo durante toda sua trajetória.

Eis que 2014 nos presenteou com uma das grandes revelações do ano e para o o TBTCI um dos 5 melhores álbuns também, estou falando de DIV I DED e o grande debute Born To Sleep, um disco que beira o barulho, o silêncio e a sedução e cria atmosferas deslumbrantes conduzidas pelas guitarras e principalmente pela lindíssima voz de Viktorie Marksová, algo como Hope Sandoval e Bilinda Butcher. O disco é fascinante sem pender para nenhuma vertente seja mais barulhenta ou etérea, Born to Sleep é linear do início ao fim, uma verdadeira odisseia de prazer ruidosamente prazeroso.

Um momento altíssimo neste 2014.

***** Interview with DIV I DED *****


Q: When did Divided start, tell us about the history...
A: We met with Viktorie in October 2013 at our common concert in Ostrava. I played last gig with Saturn United and she sang in her project called Dignity Dope. (Both projects are not active now), so I asked her to sing my new songs and she said "yes I am very happy". In December 2013 I invented project name DIV I DED and that was it!

Q: Who are your influences?
A: Mainly - The Jesus And Mary Chain, Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins and many other bands. And depressive environment which I live in.

Q: Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
A: The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy,
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas,
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina,
Oasis - Standing On The Shoulders Of The Giants,
Garbage - Garbage

Q: How do you feel playing live?
A: I feel great, coz it finally works!

Q: How do you describe Divided´s sound?
A: Ethereal guitar sound, drum machines, fuzzy bases, sonic showers and inteligent electronics.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
A: All song were instrumentaly formed during this and last year, except Other City - written in 2006 and inovated in 2014 and between us - written in 2010. In most cases I have only common guitar riffs and I'm putting it together during recording. Then I am looking for sounds, that I hear in my head to make it as good as I can at the moment. When music is finished I am sending it to Viktorie to devise her melodies and vocals.


Q. Which new bands do you recommended
A: These days I really like Seaside - great dream/pop band from Indonesia, then Airiel, Depreciation Guild, Wild Nothing, The Radio Dept., Place to Bury Strangers, The Raveonettes (i prefer first album - whip it on), The Daysleepers

Q: Which bands would you love to make a cover version of?
A: JAMC, but we're not revival haha

Q: What´s the plan for the future....
A: To play more and more shows not only in Czech Republic and in the free time make new songs for our second double LP!

Q: Any parting words?
A: Thank you very much for interview. Best regards! Filip Helštýn of DIV I DED
*
*
*
Thanks