segunda-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2014

Children of The Fall with Nervous Light - An Interview



Darkgazer barulhento, caótico, esse é o Nervous Light, canadenses que não possuem absolutamente nada lançado, somente algumas músicas em seu canal no youtube mas que é impressionante a combinação de ruídos com o desespero latente em suas músicas isso é.

Poucas informações proporcionam um mistério envolto a banda, que só é possível desvendar modéstia a parte graças a este entrevista concedida pela banda ao TBTCI.

Melhor aproveitar porque os caras não vão facilitar mesmo.


***** Interview with Nervous Light ******


Q. When did Nervous Light start?, tell us about the history:
Nikki: Nervous Light, Originally started around 2 years ago, as a personal solo project, I Was going through some hard times, and I hadn't made music in a few years, I found myself looking for a way to make myself feel better, and I began to write again. I ended up coming back into contact with Mike and Chris and since we had been in a big band together before, I knew that this would be the direction I wanted to go with Nervous Light. I think that I can speak for all of us when I say, I am surprised how this album has matured through the writing process, How the sound has changed and developed into something all its own.

Q: Who are your influences? :
Nikki: Wow, That is a really tough question. I think My biggest influences have got to be Slowdive, Sigur Ros, Have A Nice Life, Cult of Luna, Deftones, I think what we are doing is difficult to define using genres, as it transcends so many but those bands especially have a nice life, sigur ros, and Slowdive have really influenced me.

Mike: Hmm..This list could go on for ever, so at the moment I'm curently influenced by Líam, Alcest, Cult of Luna, Have A Nice Life, & Circle Takes the Square.

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…:
Nikki: ahhhhh this is another really hard question for me ( In no particular order )
Slowdive- Souvlaki,
Have a nice life- deathconsciousness,
my bloody valentine- Loveless,
Sigur Ros- Ágætis byrjun ,
god speed you black emperor- lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven.

Mike: Haha.
Circle Takes the Square - As the Roots Undo,
Florence and the Machine - Lungs,
Perfume Genius - Put Your Back N 2 It,
Slowdive - Souvlaki,
Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous

Q. How do you feel playing live?:
Nikki: I actually have horrible stage fright, I am absolutely terrified of performing for others, music is an internal process for me, It's something that I love with every fibre of my being, everything that I do really comes from a place deep within myself. So for me I have never performed for anyone except for bandmates, close friends etc. Although, I'm becoming more open to the idea as this project progresses, so you may be seeing us eventually.

Mike: It's all one big breath-taking rush and then it's over.

Q. How do you describe Nervous Light's sound?
Nikki: The sound has really become something of itself With each new song it develops into something more beautiful and unique, When I started the project myself it was a completely different project because I was not able to create the sound that I truly wanted on my own, Having Mike and Chris join my project has taken it to places I could have only imagined, When I first approached Mike about doing the project I said, " I wanted to do something ambient, shoegazey, and Dark. We started out with "Children of the fall" It was our first really pretty ambient and dark track, As you go on through this album to tracks like our newest one " Love Will Tear You Apart" You can hear the sound has completely matured and changed, I think it has surprised all of us.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Nikki: Well I think for all of us the process is very free flowing, Very Improvised, Basically Mike and Chris Will get together and they will just have a big jam session and start recording things randomly, and they send them off my way and I pick the pieces that really speak to me, Then I begin the process of recording vocals and lyrics based on the imagery that is created in my head when I listen to the song, I usually do all of my vocals and lyrics completely improvised as well. I think that is one of the things that makes this project so unique, You're really getting a glimpse into what is going on in our heads the exact moment we are writing something because its all basically improvised.


Q. Which new bands do you recommended?:
Nikki: For me, I'd say my favourite newly discovered bands are: Skeleton Coast, and Mood Rings.

Mike: Not all of them are new, but these are the albums I've been jamming to recently; Myrkur, Perfume Genius, ALLUSONDRUGS, Run The Jewels, Grouper

Q: Which bands you love to make a cover of :
Nikki: There are SO many bands I'd love to cover, I personally would love to cover: my bloody valentine- no more sorry. Slowdive- when the sun hits, and Slowdive- 40 days.

Mike: Definitely Nirvana. I also really enjoy covers that turn pop radio songs into something that sounds "meaningful".

Q: What are your plans for the future?:
Nikki: I really want to finish this album, and get it released to a decent record label, and really work on getting our music out there as I feel we have so much to offer listeners, I feel its just a really unique album and offers such a unique listening experience, There aren't really many bands out there that fall into the same sound as what we have developed.

Q: Any parting words?
 Nikki: I'd just like to Thank You, So Much for taking an interest in our music, and for putting together this interview. It's been a pleasure

Mike: Thanks for having us, and thanks to anyone who checks out our music.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/nervouslightmusic/app_2405167945