terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2016

Some of The Songs with Sound and Fury - An Interview


Os novatos chineses sônicos e sonhadores do Sound and Fury possuem teoricamente três fixações doentias, sonoramente falando, são elas, MBV, Slowdive e Fleeting Joys.

Facilmente a conexão entre as três referências é altamente óbvia, ruídos, sonhos, melancolia, ou seja, shoegaze.

O Sound and Fury não possuem aquela "fúria" do MBV ou a melancolia do Slowdive, ou a avalanche de ruídos do Fleeting Joys, tudo em "Some of the Songs", primeiro EP deles é mais contido e dosado, mas sempre belo.

Uma promissora estreia dos chineses do Sound and Fury.

***** Interview with Sound and Fury *****


Q. When did Sound and Fury start? Tell us about the history...
1. hold for a long time. On December last year, we came back with a new drummer Andrew who is from Canada.

Q: Who are your influences?
2. At first FS was a punk boy and played for some punk bands. After he listened to some Nugaze/C86 bands, all of a sudden he found the sound which he always wanted to make. Like everyone else, My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive are his most favorite bands, ranking regardless.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. My Bloody Valentine
My Bloody Valentine < EP's 1988 - 1991>
Slowdive
Fleeting Joys
Various Artists < NME C86>

Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. In the beginning we really cared about the live sound, as in critical. But after a while I realised there is a big difference between live and studio, and my tone changed a lot since the beginning. So right now as long as the sound fits some simple sound check’s need, I’m fine with that.


Q. How do you describe Sound and Fury sounds?
5. I was trying to copy My Bloody Valentine in every perspectives when I formed SAF, but right now I just want to keep and be myself when I am writing new stuff. And I am trying to let my bandmates reduce their own influences of listening experiences as much as they can and really contribute to this band.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Only in the beginning between 2011 to 2012, we recorded several songs in the studio, like . But right now I am recording and mixing on my own with my laptop. I will communicate with the drummer and bassist sometimes, but most of the time me and KY are writing the songs.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. I didn’t listen to the annually list of each year, and barely digged new bands. I only listen to a few bands and albums again and again and again. Recently I listened to Flyying Colours, The Bilinda Butchers and Spotlight Kid. And I am so happy that we can warm up for The Bilinda Butchers one month later from now !

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. I am not good at covering, so we only do covers when I want to excercise the band. But most of the time we won’t wasting our time on this.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. Right now we are doing some shows without KY, after she get back from taking care of our baby(yeah, we had a baby last year), we will record our first full-length and tour China. Hope some day we can tour outside China, haha.


Q: Any parting words?
10. Thank you very much for the interview, at last, I just want to repeat one of my favorite lines from KY , "Shoegaze is a maze of soundscapes which once you get lost in it, you just never want to get out of it.";)
*
*
*
Thanks


https://soundandfury1.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/Sound-and-Fury-297065347302386