sexta-feira, 3 de julho de 2015

Dissolver with Voices From Deep Below - An Interview


Dissolver o último trabalho dos ingleses do Voices From Deep Below é daqueles álbuns para se ouvir com headphones e em volume máximo.

Inúmeras nuances, paredes de ruídos construídas por belas melodias, vocais sussurrantes, um mix poderoso de shoegazer, noise, dreampop, e pós punk.

Passagens belíssimas que transportam o ouvinte para o mundo particular e onipresente do Voices From Deep Below.

Fantástico.

***** Interview with Voices From Deep Below *****


Q. When did Voices from Deep Below started, tell us about the history...
Voices from Deep Below started in 2012. I had a bunch of songs and I wanted to finally get them recorded and release them as an album. It’s still primarily a solo project, so I’d write and write all the time, and then record constantly. So when I have a bunch of songs I’m happy with, I’ll get them to sound like an album and then release it. It’s a pretty loose formula. It works well for me.

Q: Who are your influences?
I’m mainly influenced by bands like The Smashing Pumpkins, Slowdive, Pixies, Deftones, Have a Nice Life, and Godspeed more recently. I think they all come together somehow in certain parts of my music.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
1. Smashing Pumpkins - Machina
2. Bowie - Heathen
3. Slowdive - Souvlaki
4. The Beatles - White Album
5. My Bloody Valentine - Isn’t Anything

Q. How do you feel playing live?
It’s the best thing in the world. I’d do it every single day if I could.

Q. How do you describe Voices from Deep Below sounds?
The initial sound came from having cheap equipment and being an amateur at recording, but it had a dark quality to it. So I took that sound and worked with it until I had a first album I was proud of. The second album came recently in 2015, and having had more experience and better equipment, has a slightly more polished sound. There’s always a fair amount of noise and darkness in there.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
I’ll casually record rough demos over the span of a few months. And then I’ll listen through and find the songs that I like the most. I’ll then get a less rough demo finished and get some feedback from some close friends. Then I’ll get polished recordings in Logic and work on the sound for a while, the final mix and mastering, and then release. I don’t sit on finished work for too long. I like to get it out there asap.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
I’m not sure how new these bands are, but I’ve been listening to to a lot of FOREVR, Cloud Mammoth, and Honeymoon.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I’ve done a bunch of covers of most of my favourite bands. But one I haven’t done is The Beatles. I want to do “I want you (she’s so heavy)” one day. I just need to do it justice.

Q: What´s the plans for future....
More music this year hopefully. And more live shows.

Q: Any parting words?
There’s huge amounts of amazing hidden bands online, so go find ‘em. Also there’s been a lot of amazing support for the band recently, so thanks to everyone. It means the world.
*
*
*
Thanks

http://voicesfromdeepbelow.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/voicesfromdeepbelow
http://voicesfromdeepbelow.com/