terça-feira, 6 de outubro de 2015

Yellow Vapors with The Scarecrow Frequency - An Interview


O projeto The Scarecrow Frequency vem de uma cidade chamada Kotzebue no estado do Alasca.

Sonoramente lento e melancólico seguindo a trilha de gente como Low, Codeine e Pan American, o The Scarecrow Frequency navega entre o trovadorismo folk slowcore com jeitão lo fi.

Dê play no álbum The Evil Late Show Nightly e ouça com fones.

***** Interview with The Scarecrow Frequency *****


Q. When did The Scarecrow Frequency start? Tell us about the history...
I started playing bass at age 14 in a garage with a fireplace in the winter in Juneau Alaska. I was a bass player till I was 16 mostly screaming out of an amp with a fuzz pedal till I got into electric guitar. I began recording the sounds directly after high school yet by then much of the piss was gone. I was left with increasingly repetitive, slowed down and ambient tones that were mixed with a more subtle fuzz. No longer were the songs distorted to clean, and no longer were the songs structured. I abandoned the idea almost entirely.

Q: Who are your influences?
Big question, I love a lot. I like Pan American, 764 Hero, Gabby Pahinui, Astrud Gilberto, and of course The Beatles, but can not leave out ELO.

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
1. In Utero by Nirvana
2. Were Solids by 764 Hero
3. Transaction de Novo by Bedhead
4. Long Division by Low
5. Temples of Boom by Cypress Hill

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Not good.


Q. How do you describe The Scarecrow Frequency sounds?
The sounds of the scarecrow frequency are basically just depressing rhythms that are recorded and sort of take me into a trance. And I hope that other people that are sad can relate to them.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the album?
Lots of Olympia beer, a slow steady burn, and constantly being obsessed with the never ending math problem that is music which I will never fully understand.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended
Weed.

Q: Which bands would you love to make a cover version of?
More Daniel Johnston tracks, Joy Division, Pulp.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
To live my life one day at a time. To never give up on the power of art.

Q: Any parting words?
Bird up.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://thescarecrowfrequency.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/thescarecrowfrequency/sets/the-evil-late-show-nightly
https://www.facebook.com/thescarecrowfrequency