O quarteto da Pensilvânia Spur, se auto descreve como "dream punk" e o TBTCI endossa a descrição.
A audição dois dois EP´s do Spur dá aquela deliciosa sensação do frescor viciante da girl groups aliado a crueza e guitarradas de gente como Velocity Girl, Black Tambourine entre outros. E aí você acrescente a maravilhosa voz da bela Toni e aí meu amigo, o jogo esta ganho para o Spur.
Apaixone-se imediatamente pelo Spur.
***** Interview with Spur *****
1. Spur started a little over two years ago as a side project. We were able to play a few one-off shows and record an EP. When 2016 started, we decided to put more time and effort into the band, including booking a tour and recording a new demo. Hopefully this is just the beginning.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. We draw from a pretty eclectic group of bands. A lot of it comes from bands like Lush and My Bloody Valentine, but some of it comes from bands you wouldn't think of at first, like Radiohead, or from hardcore/punk bands. Growing up in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, we got to watch bands like Title Fight, The Menzingers and Tigers Jaw make it big, so they all had a lot of influence on us as well.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. Some of my personal favorites are:
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past
Radiohead - OK Computer
Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. We love playing live! It's unlike anything else, to be able to lock into a groove with one another and know that whether we're playing in front of seven people or seventy, we're having the time of our lives doing what we love and not worrying about any outside stress.
Q. How do you describe Spur sounds?
5. We decided we like the label "dream punk." Punk music with a little bit of ambiance.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Recording was great. We were able to record with Jake Clarke from Superheaven, and he really pushed us to do our best. The cool thing about the demo is that all the instruments were tracked live - we just set up and played instead of recording an instrument at a time. I think that really helped capture a specific kind of energy.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. Hodera, Maniac, Koji, Esta Coda, Mineral Girls, Jank, and James Barrett are all artists we like a lot right now!
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. We actually usually work covers into our sets. We've covered Nirvana and Descendents, and we're covering Jawbreaker at upcoming shows.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. We're playing Wrecking Ball Atlanta this summer with tons of really great bands like Dinosaur Jr., American Football, Gorilla Biscuits and Thursday, and we'll probably tour the south on the way there. We should have a split coming out soon, as well as more new music in the winter or early next year. We have lots planned!
Q: Any parting words?
10. Thanks for the opportunity! You can check out our music at spurband.bandcamp.com. :)