quarta-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2015

Sweetness And The Light with Laundry League - An Interview



Dani é Laundry League, uma one girl band que viaja com seu synth através de melodias hipnóticas, suaves e sonhadoras.

Um mix entre Lush, Radiohead, Bjork. A garota tem uma extensa discografia, álbuns, eps, tem muita coisa mesmo, o último de seus álbuns é Fed lançado no ano passado, e caminha de forma sutilmente dançante e cintilante entre terrenos de dreampop, eletrônica e shoegazer.

Um delicia literalmente.

***** Interview with Laundry League *****


Q. When did Laundry League started, tell us about the history...
Laundry League started in 2012, when I was still in high school. I had been making music for years before but I wanted to make music with a specific sound and image. So I started making music under that name! But it's always been a one-person band.

Q: Who are your influences?
My main influences are probably Lush, Kate Bush, M.I.A., Chairlift and Bjork.

Q. Made a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Spooky by Lush
The Dreaming by Kate Bush
Homogenic by Bjork
Elastica by Elastica
Kid A by Radiohead

Q. How do you feel playing live?
It's a great feeling! It is very fun. Although I don't think I'd like to tour.

Q. How do you describe Laundry League´s sounds?
Watery, foggy and buzzy. Sometimes bell-like.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Generally I plug in my synth and play around until I find a nice sounding melody. But sometimes I already have lyrics in mind and apply them.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
Ed Schrader's Music Beat, Gingerlys, Mitski, Nine of Swords, Nai Harvest, Palehound, Olga Bell.

Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
Chairlift!

Q: What´s the plans for future....
I'm working on a new EP! It should come out in the next few months, I believe.

Q: Any parting words?
A Jenny Holzer quote - "at times your unconsciousness is truer than your conscious mind". I find that to be very true!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://laundryleague.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/LaundryLeague