quarta-feira, 28 de junho de 2017

Footnote with Creature in The Spiral - An Interview


Raul Gonzales é responsável por inserir mais beleza no universo sonhador do submundo dos bons sons através de seu alter ego Creature on the Spiral.

"Anodyne" o primeiro single lançado em Fevereiro já deixava explícito o caminho que o CITS seguiria, depois vieram "Spill" e a última "Footnote" ainda mais sonhadora que suas antecessoras. 

Mas o mundo dos sonhos do CITS pode ser cintilante "Footnote" mas, ao mesmo tempo pode soar densa e angustiante, tudo vai depender do estado de espírito de seu criador.

Para ficar de olhos e ouvidos atentos.


***** Interview with Creature in The Spiral *****

Q. When did Creature in The Spiral start? Tell us about the history...
Creature in The Spiral is essentially a bedroom recording project that I have. Sometimes I'll have friend play on songs. For example I have 2 of my friends play/sing on the song Anodyne.

Q: Who are your influences?
I really love ambient music, shoegaze, indie music. For this particular project I had been listening to/channeling project such as Slowdive, Ringo Deathstarr, and Cloud Nothings

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Foo Fighters - There's Nothing Left To Lose
Dinosaur Jr. - Bug
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
Swervedriver - Mezcal Head
Alex G - Trick

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I love playing although CITS has never actually played a show yet

Q. How do you describe Creature in The Spiral sounds?
Ambient, Pop, Sad, depends on the mood I'm in


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
I'll usually record the bulk of the songs, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Bass. Sometimes I'll have a friend or 2 record stuff for the song. We will record these songs in my bedroom.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
Thisistoodifficult
Varia
Quien Sabe
Bettermeant

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Title Fight - Like A Ritual or Modest Mouse - Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset

Q: What are your plans for the future?
Keep posting songs on Bandcamp and maybe get a group together to play shows. It currently just a bedroom project so I wanna keep it that way for a little bit.

Q: Any parting words?
Break all the rules and have all the fun. Cheers
*
*
*
Thanks

https://creatureinthespiral.bandcamp.com