terça-feira, 29 de novembro de 2016

We Are The Dreamers with Keith Canisius - An Interview


Para quem acompanha estes quase nove anos de TBTCI, conhece muito bem o nome e quem é Keith Canisius.

Mestre do dreampop, o dinamarquês desde a época do Rumskib vem despejando doses generosas de preciosidades do dreampop, sempre em loops dançantes, climas sonhadores e com uma sonoridade absolutamente própria Mr Canisius tornou-se altamente cultuado e respeito no meio.

Eis que para deleite dos iniciados o mago dos sonhos nos brinda agora neste final de ano com seu mais nome trabalho "We Are The Dreamers". O nome simplesmente fala por si só.

Embarque em mais uma viagens intensa a sonhos e delírios sedutores sob o comando de Mr. Keith Canisius.


***** Interview with Keith Canisius *****


Q. Hello, first congratulations on the new album, it's really brilliant, what is your analysis after conclusion of album? Are you happy with the result?
KC: Thanks a lot!

I think it sounds better than the last one I did. I always set the goal to make my albums sound better and better,

So I’m happy in that sense. To be honest I think it has slightly better material than previous as well.
The style is a little different than the last album. I think it sounds a little darker to me personally.

Q. How was the process of creating the album?
KC: It’s a little hectic. I like working quick and at least four hours in a row.
This album was made with many long breakes. Some of the songs are over three years old.
I’ve been busy with family and work. I had twins four years ago


Q. What are the main differences between "We are the Dreamers" and your early releases ?
KC: Sounds a little darker. Not as shoegazey as the first couple of albums. But I think people, can hear it’s me.

Q. What were the influences for creating the album?
KC: Not really any this time. I just write and record by now. But I liked some stuff from Kranky records.
I liked the dark moods of the band Implodes, but I don’t sound like them. Something about their solo guitar sound I liked and was a little inspired of one my track Swim.

Q. What are your plans for 2016/2017?
KC: Not that many right now. I take one week at the time. But I would like to have more time and energy for music, haha!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://keithcanisius.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/keithcanisius/