terça-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2016

Liquid Illusions with the Pink Elephants - An Interview


O The Pink Elephants é a reunião "virtual" de Art Pegis (Monochromatic Visions), Peter McNestry (The Red Daggers) e Mellow Lizard, o próprio, essa junção mais do que especial gerou Liquid Illusions EP de estreia dos caras. 

Pegue as três bandas dos caras e junte na receita BJM, SP3 e Felt, assim é a ideia sonora do The PInk Elephants, criada e concebida explicitamente nos cinco exercícios mezzo psicodelicos, mezzo sonhadores e viajantes ao extremo.

Fica a torcida de que os três possam se reunir e tocar em cima dos palcos, seria genial.

***** Interview with The Pink Elephants *****


Q. When did The Pink Elephants start? Tell us about the history...
The Pink Elephants started a couple of months ago, I contacted some musicians in Greece I had worked with in the past and proposed the idea of creating a shoe gaze project. We all really liked bands like My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Slowdive and Spacemen 3. We are an internet based band, I (Peter) am based out of Canada and my bandmates, Art and Mellow Lizard are based out of Greece. I would love to play live with them someday. Being far away is one of the major pitfalls of being an internet band obviously. We are putting out an EP called Liquid Illusions out on Shake Records (BC CANADA) in the coming weeks. We are just currently finishing the EP.

Q: Who are your influences?
Spacemen 3, Slowdive, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Ariel Pink, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Felt, Denim and Tame Impala. Australia (Country), Neu, Diiv and Can.

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Well as I said we are an internet based band, but I would love to do it someday.

Q. How do you describe The Pink Elephants sounds?
I would describe our sound as an opium infused dream. I wanted to create music for dreams and tropical psychedelic experience. I lived in Australia for 2 years (2010-2012) they were pretty amazing years. The tropical energy that was all around me was pretty inspiring. I miss aspects of Australia a lot. Its such a beautiful place. I got to see most of the east coast. The vibes and feelings I got when I was there inspired The Pink Elephants music. There is great music coming from Australia all the time with bands like Tame Impala, Gum and Pond. I also like all the british shoe gaze stuff too. I like liquid sounds and that is the feeling I wanted for this project.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Well I will record some guitar/synth with a drum track and send it to my bandmates. Art does the vocals on the tracks and adds guitar. Mellow lizard also adds guitar. We use lots of effects on everything to give a spacey, washed out sound. Tracks are then uploaded to band camp and everything will be released through Shake Records soonish.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
Holy Data (My Friend Alex's Band), Morningface and Severed Feathers.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Felt probably, I love that band so much. I love the song Stained Glass Windows In The Sky especially. Its not especially shoe gazey but they were around during the Creation Records years and its a time and period I really love in music.

Q: What´ are your plans for the future?
Well, obviously we are looking forward to releasing out EP Liquid Illusions. I will also put together more music videos for the songs. We have a video out for the song "Makes Me Float Inside". There will be more visual stuff coming out. Then I will send the EP out into the world.

Q: Any parting words
I just want to thank everyone who has inspired us and/or supported us over the last little while. I really admire and appreciate all of you. I can't wait to share more music with everyone. I am excited about the music The Pink Elephants are making and hope to release more in the future. I would like to thank the following people for supporting us and/or influencing us. Erin B, Alex, Zahid, Krystal, Rabia, Zain, Sahar, Julian, Emily, Katie K, Luke, Maria, Jillian, Anna Karin, Jianli, Severed Feathers, Morningface, Anton, Spacemen 3, Felt, and others.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://thepinkelephants1.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/The-Pink-Elephants-909771979070763/