Já nos primeiros momentos de "What If There Is No Way Out", segundo trabalho dos suíços do Visions in Clouds ou VIC, para os iniciados, fica absolutamente claro por onde os caras trafegam...pós punk, nitidamente influenciado por bandas que resgataram as cinzas dos 80´s, leia-se Interpol (principalmente), além de, White Lies entre outros.
Obviamente que toda a conexão remete aos ícones máximos, mas sonoramente o VIC aproxima-se muito mais, para não dizer que, em alguns momentos, soa deveras parecido tanto com o Interpol como o White Lies, mas, sempre, o fantasma de Robert Smith dá as caras.
Nada de novo, nada de inusitado, apenas uma banda tocando honestamente e com propriedade suas verdades, e isso é muito bom.
***** Interview with Visions in Clouds *****
Q. When did Vision in Clouds begin? Tell us about the history...
1) It began in 2015 when Simon and Pascal started Visions In Clouds out of the need to express their emotions in the roughness of post-punk music. This resulted 2016 in their debut album Masquerade“. 2017 bassist Leopold joined the band and added a lot of energy to the music due to his energetic playing style and unapologetic downstrokes. The three musicians recorded their second album „what if there is no way out“ in 2018 and it released in October. Since November the band is touring and playing with synth player Andrea.
Q: Who are your influences?
2) The post-punk of the 80s like The Cure or The Smiths but also modern influences like White Lies, The Twilight Sad, Die Nerven or Interpol.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3) 1. Turn On The Bright Lights - Interpol
2. Nobody Wants To Be Here And Nobody Wants To Leave - The Twilight Sad
3. The Roaring Silence - Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band
4. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
5. Violator - Depeche Mode
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4) Euphoric. It‘s the reason why we do this.
Q. How do you describe Vision in Clouds´ sounds?
5) It‘s atmospheric but has a certain roughness to it. We describe it as
„romantic post-punk“ because it combines a lot of genres to get an uncategoriced form of post-punk.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6) We tried to contain our live sound and recorded most of the album as direct as possible. We wanted to create the dynamic energy we also look for in any live performance. We had defined ideas and rounded them off together with our producer Slade Templeton at Influx Studios.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7) Shame is probably the best band in the world right now.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8) Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9) We want to play our music as far from home as possible.
Q: Any parting words?
10)„Let‘s see what all this pain can change.“ - Soft Kill