segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2018

International Brotherhood of Evil with The Sun´s Evil Twin - An Interview


Engrossando o caldo da psicodelia moderna, onde o flower power de outrora já não é definitivamente o mote dessa galera, os freaks franceses do The Sun´s Evil Twin ateiam mais querosene no amargo gosto da psilocibina sonora dos dias atuais.

Os caras pra quem não conhece, não são novos, pelo contrário, só com o The Sun´s Evil Twin, o currículo contempla mais de dez EPs, isso desde 2015, prolíficos eles? Imagina.... os caras tem no DNA a fritação por excelência.

O The Sun´s Evil Twin, vai de VU a BJM, de Spacemen 3 a Olivia Tremor Control, de 13th Floor Elevators a qualquer coisa ácida e ardida, os caras vão seguindo o caminho da chapação sonora, sem se preocupar com modismos ou rótulos.

Peace, Love and PSYCH!!


***** Interview with The Sun´s Evil Twin *****


Q. When did The Sun´s Evil Twin begin? Tell us about the history...
I play in many bands since I am 16 years old, I'm 44 now. I created the band in 2015, Fred joined me a short time later. We played together in another band before.

Q: Who are your influences?
Bands like Velvet Underground, Spacemen 3, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Olivia Tremor Control
Chemical Brothers, Can, Ride...

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Not in order
Velvet Underground - White light, White Heat
Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Soft Machine - Volume 1
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Stooges - fun House

Fred probably want to add
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Nick Cave - Abattoir blues

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Unfortunately for the moment I do not have took time to recruit musicians. But I think about it at the moment.

Q. How do you describe The Sun´s Evil Twin´s sounds?
I try to create an atmosphere full of noise with some melodies which emerges from it. I want people feels dizzy when they listen to our music

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
I record the tracks in a very small home studio, sometimes I use real amps (Vox vt40, Sunn concert lead) but most of time I use amp simulation (line6 podfarm), then I mix the whole things in Cubase.

For keyboards I use Vst plugins
Same for the drums. vst drum machine. Then I add tambourine and maracas to make it more human played.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
I recommend some psych/garage french bands like Volage, Le Villejuif Underground, Marietta, Biche, Jessica 93, You said strange...I recently discuss with Robbie from The Kundalini Genie.
Great Scottish band. I love their music. I'm very impatient to hear their new album.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
One of my favorite song : Velvet underground : Sister Ray.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
Making songs again and again, find a band to play live.

Q: Any parting words?
Thank Renato for your support, big love to all brazilians. Renato you won a new reader, great job on your blog
*
*
*
Thanks