segunda-feira, 8 de junho de 2015

Young Martyrs with The Poetry Book - An Interview




Diretamente de Madri, Espanha vem exuberante The Poetry Book.

E com enorme honra e exclusividade o TBTCI apresenta em Premiere a "Young Martyrs" faixa título do segundo ep dos caras a ser lançado brevemente, além do prazer de conceder ao The Poetry Book sua primeira entrevista.

A banda faz conexões com shoegazer, sadcore e pós punk, numa equação melancólica, hipnótica e delirante.

Uma das grandes e elegantes revelações deste 2015.

Sras e Srs, The Poetry Book no TBTCI.


***** Interview with The Poetry Book *****



Q. When did The Poetry Book started, tell us about the history...
Chris W: A year ago I was doing 2 things that made me make The Poetry Book - I was writing poetry, and I was making loud, dark music. So, eventually this became The Poetry Book.

After I recorded some songs, I started to look for someone to do the back vocals and to play the synth at gigs [as I usually sing], so I told to one of my best-friends [Soul] and she offered herself.

Q: Who are your influences?
Chris W: Just too many! If I have to say some names, I'll go by The Jesus & Mary Chain, Les Ole, Joy Division, Celica XX, Claude Debussy, Flying Saucer Attack... And, of course, Sylvia Plath, Wong Kar-wai, Oscar Wilde, Arthur Cravan, John Keats, Horacio Quiroga...

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
Chris W: I can't choose only five!!! But I'll try!

- Malice Mizer / "merveilles"
- Claude Debussy / "Rêverie" [or the "Complete Piano Works"]
- Chet Baker / "Chet Baker Sings"
- Les Ole / "Con Sangre y a lo Loco"
- Makiko Hirohashi / "The Piano in the Darkness"

Q. How do you feel playing live?
Chris W: We feel that we need more volume, always!

Q. How do you describe The Poetry Book sounds?
Chris W: "The saddest music in the world", or a ticket to 2046.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
Chris W: Recording is easy as it's 100% DIY, and very Lo Fi. We work only with and iPad DAW called "Nanostudio." So, usually, I write the music and lyrics, record it at my place and then I ask Soul to come and sing.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
Chris W: There're a lot of cool bands nowadays, isn't it? From my country [Spain], I'd recommed you Celica XX, Sybiliam , CalaveraCalavera and Nueva Internacional.

Other international bands I like are 失敗しない生き方 [Shippaishinaiikikata], indigo la End [the just went major last year], ゲスの極み乙女。[Gesu no Kiwami Otome], POLA, Ether Feels, lyrical school, Float down the Liffey , 泉まくら [Izumi Makura], babi, Daoko...

Q: Which bands would you love to made a cover version of?
Chris W: Bill Evans, Claude Debussy or Erik Satie.

Q: What´s the plans for future....
Chris W: Right now we're completing our 2nd ep ["Young Martyrs."] After that we'll do gigs, and hopefully we'll tour to other countries soon!

Q: Any parting words?
Chris W: Thank you very much for giving us the chance to speak out our minds! And I really hope you'll like "Young Martyrs."
*
*
*
Thanks