Guitarras, pianos, paisagens sonoras, envoltas a microfonias suaves, este é o Mara, franceses sônicos que chamaram demais a atenção do TBTCI graças a suas demos, expostas em sua página no soundcloud, principalmente pela sedutora Ascension to Heaven, uma pérola de distorção e ruído branco com vocais suaves e melancólicos.
O futuro aguardo o Mara.
***** Interview with Mara *****
1) We started to write songs last year. We elaborated a style that fit our two musical personalities. We wanted to be proud of our songs. We created a minimalist way of recording and play them with only 3 instruments. Then, we found a fantastic drummer for live performances.
Q: Who are your influences? 2)
We love indie rock bands, LOFI, DIY, shoegaze, post rock and noise rock.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3) The piper at the gates of dawn - Pink Floyd
Sonic youth - Dirty
Eels - Beautiful Freak
God speed you! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
The Breeders - Last Splash
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4) Great but we are done with the rock'n'roll attitude, it was not really us. We are more kind like an introvert child in a corner of a playground. We hope people enjoy the show like we do.
Q. How do you describe Mara sounds?
5) A pictural journey but rough and minimalistic.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6) We record at home, lofi. We do it minimalist, no overdubs, only: guitar, keyboards, drums and vocals. And we try to have a natural sound, not too clean and arranged.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7) Chelsea Wolfe, Tomorrow's tulips, Yuck, Big Deal & Beverly
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8) We would like to cover an Eels song.
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9) We are recording our first EP that we'll be released later this year on a label annonced soon.
Q: Any parting words? 10)
I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing - Roger Waters