Um verdadeiro caldeirão de influências dos 90´s é o que propõe o projeto Blue Herons.
Vai de indie, college rock, shoegazer, dreampop passeando também pelo 60´s, girl groups, e vários caminhos que a música percorreu durante todas essas décadas.
A audição do álbum homônimo lançado ano passado passa exatamente essa sensação, uma viagem multifacetada por inúmeros territórios que soam completamente nostálgicos.
Para ouvir alto em headphones e sair pelo cidade.
1. Blue Herons is a solo project that marked the point when I decided to really push myself to get my music out into the world about half a year ago. It's really a new thing and I am really happy that people seem to be responding positively to it at this point.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. I'm influenced a lot by 90s bands like My Bloody Valentine, Pavement, Radiohead, and Yo La Tengo. I also really like 60s pop songs and Golden Oldies type music. Of course, I love more recent bands like Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, and Deerhunter as well. As cliche as this sounds, it's really hard for me to list all my influences because I really like a wide variety of music, but I feel like these artists are the main inspiration for my sound.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. Loveless - My Bloody Valentine,
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain - Pavement,
OK Computer - Radiohead,
Pet Sounds - Beach Boys,
Feels - Animal Collective
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. Playing live is great, I just like messing around and making mildy funny jokes into the microphone.
Q. How do you describe Blue Herons sounds?
5. I would describe Blue Herons as sounding dreamy, with a definite shoegaze undercurrent but with more dynamics and a heavier influence from other types of alternative rock than most shoegaze bands tend to have.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. I record all the songs in my studio apartment into my laptop. I pretty much record a basic track and then listen to it to figure out where I want to take the song. Many of the songs have tons of guitar overdubs. Many times I have 4 or 5 guitar overdubs playing at once.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7. The new Viet Cong album is really good. I thought Benji by Sun Kil Moon was great, his lyrical style really made me uncomfortable (in a good way).
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. I like to cover older songs and try to re-imagine them as more modern sounding. For a while I've been thinking about covering "If You Want to Be a Bird" by the Holy Modal Rounders.
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9. At this point I'm just gonna try to keep making new songs, play more shows, and hopefully find a label that is interesting in signing me.
Q: Any parting words?
10. Thanks for interviewing me! Free Tibet.