Não se deixe levar pelo nome Soft, diretamente da Malásia, ao contrário do que sugere seu nome os caras praticam um verdadeiro exorcismo de ruídos.
Junto ao Stellarium os caras são os seguidores aiáticos da trilha aberta pela família Skywave, leia-se APTBS, Ceremony e Static Daydream.
Uma pancadaria de noise violenta. Coloco-os ao lado de gente como The Lost Rivers, Stellarium e Dressmaker como as bandas mais barulhentas a aparecer atualmente.
***** Interview with Soft *****
Q. When did Soft started, tell us about the history...
1. Soft is a shoegaze band comes from Ipoh Perak Malaysia and formed on New Year's Eve 2012. At that time the lineup just 3 people and at night it is also the our first show, just play cover songs and remembered that night, we covering songs into black from blouse. History soft mildly uncomfortable situation as difficult to find band members. Soft also formed on the basis of my interest like the music shoegaze and noise. My town was also at that time the music scene in the circumstances to commute and underground bands ever more silent and disappear without any material.I decided to create a band that can raise the scene. A long waiting noise sound.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. For me, the greatest influence is kurt cobain and I also love the guitar work Kevin Shields,Trent Reznor and Lee Ronaldo. I tried to learn the sounds from them. Hail hehe…
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. My Bloody Valentine – Loveless
Sonic Youth – Dirty
Slowdive – Souvlaki
Dinosaur Jr – Without a Sound
Nirvana – Nevermind
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. At first it was a little difficult when on stage,shocking and almost forget the lyrics hahaha. Ya I love when playing live, i can express my feeling, my stress work. I love when the noise sound linger in the ear ..the atmosphere of all sound can make me feel happy and enjoy.
Q. How do you describe Soft sounds?
5. Soft actually begin as noise fuzz band and I also love shoegaze,post punk and coldwave, I am concerned with fuzz,echo, reverb and delay. And every song I will on it that things. I want soft song more fuzz,more reverb,more echo and also more delay. I love to describe soft sound as ‘SOFTLOUDGAZE’ . On that vocal I still keep the ghost whispering voice,echoes voice.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Actually we did not have a big label and budget estimates are not very adequate. So we are doing record at our members studio in Kuala Kangsar(Attack Studio). At that moment, there was only one valvestate marshall, AMPEG amp for bass and pearl drum set with our own fender jazzmaster guitar,fender mustang guitar(thanks Adam) and fender jazz bass(thanks alak). Take a long time to find sound and tunes,but we do make slowly. Doing part from drum first, bass, guitar and vocals at last. The process also became very happy because sound enginner regard to sound and very good excellent,thank you so much Mr jimmy. Not once made, take some time to get the feel in the process recording..our echo reverb and delay pedal always on and no switch off when recording process and running surface. Thanks to friends who were willing to help us at that time.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7. I choose Airiel,Blouse,A Place To Bury Strangers,The Lost Rivers.. love them so much.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. That’s a very favourite question.. I really want to do some cover version from Boris(japan) and Bjork.
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9. Hope end of this year we planning to do second album,collaboration with another band,going tour and also hope can playing at others countries and others festival outside,wish us luck.
Q: Any parting words?
10. Firslyt with big heart,Soft really want to thanks to you Renato for making this miracle for us,willing to introduce at once promote our sound to worldwide,thank you so much. Thanks also our label Rumah Horror,Toothache Splinter,friends and very big thanks to fan who bought out vinyl,CD,cassette and our others material. We are SOFTLOUDGAZE, we are from Ipoh ‘dead city,ghost town’ Perak,Malaysia. Thank you very much,