O poderio do punk aliado a sensibilidade pop, guitarras poderosas conduzem o que poderíamos resumir simplesmente como indie rock em sua essência, e, assim flui sonoramente o quarteto Dark Blue.
"Victory Is Rated" é o terceiro trabalho dos caras da Pensilvânia, e acertará em cheio os amantes de música, ou como eles mesmo sintetizam perfeitamente o que fazem, street pop, rótulo mais do que pertinente.
Sem contra indicações, sem extremismos, para ouvir a qualquer momento e claro, alto.
***** Interview with Dark Blue *****
Q. When did Dark Blue begin? Tell us about the history...
1. Dark Blue began in my head as I patrols the Australian Institute of Sport as a night watchman. That why it sounds the way that it does. A hazy, nightmarish version of the Brit pop and OI i listened to as a young fellow. After 12 months of writing songs like this I moved back to Philadelphia an recruited Andy and Mike. The rest as they say is a fucking good ass history.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. For this project I would say my influences are Blitz, The Housemartins, John Cale, Robbie Williams' beef with Jimmie Paige and austerity measures.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. I don't have 5 all time albums hit here are 5 perfect albums:
The La's - ST
Discharge - Hear Nothing...
Willow Nelson - Phases and Stages
Assrash - Up The Punx
Frank Sinatra - Sings Only The Lonely
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. I use to hate playing live but now I try to have fun no matter what. Take the piss out of the audience, play some great songs, be with my dark blue brothers. We'll play in Brasil if you can get us there.
Q. How do you describe Dark Blue´s sounds?
5. Dark Blue is Street Pop. Plain and simple.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. I write every song and usually hum them into my phone and send the songs to mike and Andy. They're so good that we can sometimes not practice them and head right into the studio to nail them down. I'm very fortunate to have these hairy bewdies.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. Lots of great new music in Philadelphia. Soul Glo, The Ire, The Guests, Writhing Squares. You should also check out this good skinhead band from England called Pink Floyd. I love them.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. I would love to cover Tal Bachman's She's So High an we probably will because I am an asshole and it's a great song. Cannot deny a good tune.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. Our plans consists of continuing to write and release good ass records and play as infrequently as possibly yet enough to stay relevant. Maybe we can play in your house or apartment. Invite the family over. Just pay for out flights as we are fucken there mate!
Q: Any parting words?
10. Stay safe down there my friend. I read the news. Love everyone, drink every beer. Let the stars be your guide. Ok not that last part astrology is for psychopaths.