segunda-feira, 9 de novembro de 2015

That Afternoon with The Ashtrays - An Interview


Daniel Jiménez é a mente por trás do lo-fi indie do The Ashtrays.

Conexões com os modernos e reis do indie The Drums, coloque ai inserções de YLT e pitadas da class of 86 e chegamos na sonoridade do debute homônimo lançado no ano passado.

Para dias ensolarados.

***** Interview with The Ashtrays *****


Q. When did The Ashtrays start? Tell us about the history...
the ashtrays started like a year ago, more or less, I remember I used to listen to my favorite songs and think how awesome it was to express a feeling, a mood or a story and convert it into something truly poetical and artistic, I didn't know how to play guitar at all but I was sure I'd teach myself, so I bought an used black guitar and I started to play whatever came to my mind, and all of a sudden I had 8 songs... and they became my first album, I recorded pretty much everything in my bedroom, using my iPod as a "studio"

Q: Who are your influences?
the first band that brought me into all this style of music was The Drums, I really loved them and I still do, but I used to think they were the coolest musicians in the world and that they were going to be all the music I'd ever listen to. But then (because of them) I started to listen to bands like Part Time, The Wake, Bon Voyage and every band they mentioned in their interviews, I think those bands have a lot of influence in my style nowadays

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
1.The Drums, Summertime!
2. The Wake, Here comes everybody
3. The Smiths, Meat is murder
4. Kraftwerk, Machine man
5. Slowdive, Souvlaki

THOSE are the albums that I listen the most these days


Q. How do you feel playing live?
I feel alive, and I feel so happy, you know, as long as we sound as good as possible haha, I would like to play gigs with other bands but for now there's no bands in my town so... I guess I'll stay in my balcony for some more time

Q. How do you describe The Ashtrays sounds?
i do the kind of songs you'd want to play in the beach when you realize how awesome your life is

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
whenever I'm going trough something I take my guitar and try to give that situation an interesting atmosphere, an atmosphere with a song that perfectly fits. So when I find something good I record it and write the lyrics, I do a few changes as the time goes by and the song is ready

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
anything that Davida Loca is planning to do is good, soda shop too

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
40 days by slow dive

Q: What´s the plans for future....
a second album! but first another few singles... to get ready

Q: Any parting words?
check out my music, I'm sure you'll like it. thanks for reading so much haha
*
*
*
Thanks