Ouvir List, álbum do duo alemão The Amount of The Light We Give Off é um exercício infernal de autodestruição, sempre soturnos e sombrios e ruidosos, algo como o cruzamento lento e doloroso entre Bauhaus e A Place to Bury Strangers.
Não existe amor, aqui os temas são obscuros e densos, todo o sentimento é barulhento e negro.
Grande disco, grande banda, altamente recomendado.
***** Interview with The Amount of The Light We Give Off *****
1) We started around 2011 playing music, then got into doing two people work - so TAOL came into being around 2012
Q: Who are your influences?
2) Many bands, from classic stuff ranging from LedZep and Purple to Joy Division, The Stone Roses to newer things like A Place to bury strangers. Generally Rico ist more experimenting and me (Nick), I like more easyy to listen things but generally we listen to anything. Literally
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3) Next question Emoticon smile
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4) Good. It isnt easy right now as we are georaphically separated - also a reason why currently there hasnt been any new sound- but it would be gr8. A bit scary too Emoticon smile
Q. How do you describe The Amount of The Light We Give Off sounds?
5) We have been defined in many ways - we try to sound original and in doing so, carry a message in our music. Its not to us to describe the sound and I dont particularly like putting things into boxes
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6) Tiring Emoticon smile Rico makes most of the music although we work on it together too - we have a good understanding of what works for one another. We review the different stages and I get the lyrics out. I go into the woods at night and try to find them somewhere. There or bars or other places that will inspire me - or try to get a broken heart - always works great too. In the end we record
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7) Difficult one. I couldnt reccomend any at the moment. Im listening to very average stuff right now- like Death Cab for Cutie. If You want new, I suggest one justs goes and explores. They are there, the "new amazing bands"
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8) We are not really a cover band. But who knows, maybe we´ll get inspired sometime
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9) Live, grow, have fun, be free and make more music
Q: Any parting words?
10) Live, respect, engage, have fun and be free! TAOL!