segunda-feira, 22 de outubro de 2018

1/2 Tablespoon of My Existence with The Seismic Waves - An Interview


Já não é de hoje que o TBTCI bate na tecla que, de uns anos pra cá, o universo dos bons sons deixaram de serem exclusividade do eixo, USA/UK, muito além das fronteiras globais, música de qualidade é feita em todos os locais mais inusitados do globo.

Os caras do The Seismic Waves, chegam agora para endossar e comprovar esta afirmação.
Provenientes da cidade de Ulaanbaatar na Mongólia, a banda chega agora ao seu terceiro trabalho. "1/2 Tablespoon of My Existence", lançado em Junho, é sonoramente uma conjunção dos amores dos caras. 

Sendo o pontapé inicial vindo do shoegaze, mas que serve apenas de pano de fundo no que diz respeito a texturas, o The Seismic Waves esta bem mais próximo de um DIIV do que propriamente a cena gazer original, mas vai um pouco além disso, aliás como basicamente a maciça maioria dos novos sonhadores, as conexões surgem das mais inusitadas formas possíveis.

Muito provavelmente, décadas de sonoridades indies e suas fusões, vão dando encorpamento aos novos garotos, mundo afora, de forma a desprenderem-se de amarras ou rotulações.

Em resumo, o The Seismic Waves é a música alternativa do nosso tempo atual.



***** Interview with The Seismic Waves *****


Q. When did The Seismic Waves begin? Tell us about the history...
- I think my music writing experience started when my girlfriend went to the states in 2015. I missed her a lot and tried to expressed my emotion through music. I wrote her privately two albums 1 EP in total for now. Later on I started writing songs under the name The Seismic Waves and decided to write an EP and just publish it without really thinking about anything. That EP led me to start playing my songs live on events and participate in music festivals. And just recently, i had published my new album "1/2 tablespoon of my existence" . Thats pretty much the timeline

Q: Who are your influences?
- At first I was leaning towards shoegaze genre only and my biggest influence was Slowdive. As time passed by I experimented many different genres and mix them together in my own way. Of course there are many more such as Joy Division, the libertines, the horrors, diiv etc. I could go on and on cuz i usually write what i listen to.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
-1) Slowdive - Just for a day
2). King gizzard and the lizard wizard - murder of thr universe
3). Babyshambles - Shotters Nation
4). Explosions in the sky - All of a sudden i miss everyone
5). Mono - hymn to the immortal wind

Q. How do you feel playing live?
- I really dont know how to describe that feeling. if i were to put it in a word i guess it feels like im shifting into a different dimension where its filled with unknown colors and elements, and its too addictive that you want to stay there as long as possible.

Q. How do you describe The Seismic Waves´ sounds?
- I personally dont want to label it in some words. i guess the sound depends on the listeners emotion.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
- My way of recording music is very DIY. The seismic waves is my solo project where I get to write and record it on my own, usually in my bedroom. At the beginning, I even used plastic bottles to make my drum beats and my voice as a bass line. But I’m trying to become more and more professional everyday

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
- For recommendation, off the top of my head Black Marbles, Launder, Tanukichan

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
- I would love to cover DIIV songs

Q: What are your plans for the future?
- I dont plan on my music. i just write whenever i feel like it.

Q: Any parting words?
- As Anna Freud once said “In our dreams we can have our eggs cooked exactly how we want them, but we can't eat them.”
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/theseismicwaves/
https://theseismicwaves.bandcamp.com