O projeto Trans FX é fruto da cabeça de seu mentor e basicamente o único elemento fixo do projeto, Chris McDonnell.
O cara é escritor, produtor, ator e arquiteto da melodias que primeiramente soam não convencionais, mas que conforme as audições vão seguindo, tornam-se literalmente cantaroláveis.
O quinto álbum da Trans FX é uma colaboração com o The Showroom Dummies, e conta com uma série de participações especiais, leia-se, Lillian Maring, Valerie Warren e Abby Dahlquist.
Poderia ser resumidamente descrito como um dreampop excêntrico, mas o refinamento aponta para outras esferas. Sinta o sabor da releitura de "Sunday Morning" do VU, ou a delicia sonora de "I`m a Dreamer" e saboreie o convencional não convencional.
Para quem diz que não há inteligência na música pop atual o Trans FX é um tapa na cara com luva de pelica.
***** Interview with Trans FX *****
Q. When did Trans FX begin? Tell us about the history...
1. We started TransFX as an experiment in 2011. As a post ironic vision, we wanted both humor and sincerity to be paramount alongside the best pop music we could make. Over the years TransFX has evolved tremendously, but we have never left the original pursuit.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Kurt Cobain is one of the biggest influences on the group and culture, but influences range from Frank Sinatra to Laurie Anderson, from Tupac to REM... Any great of their genre is put on high in our catalog. The ingenuity of rap culture and drum n' bass music also play a big part in the grand performance that is TransFX.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
2. Nirvana- Incesticide
3. Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come
4. Don Cherry - Brown Rice
5, Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. TransFX has always been 2 bands... TransFX LIVE and TransFX in the studio. Entertainment is top priority!
Q. How do you describe Trans FX´s sounds?
5. TransFX develops new sounds daily. New members and gear vastly influence the changing sound.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Our recording process is varied, but usually we have demos upon demos by the time we end up recording. We primarily record with Capt. Tripps in Olympia, WA, on a 1" tape deck. All inputs are then bussed down to two tracks... vocals usually bring more of a party atmosphere, whereas, the music is usually more of a "getting down to business" affair.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. New bands that I recommend are few, not because I hate them, but because I don't know them! Esprit is a great new creation... Esprit is Abby Dahlquist, who also appears on our new LP, TransFX & the Showroom Dummies!
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. We have 2 covers on our new album, TransFX & the Showroom Dummies.... We cover the Velvet Underground and a Canadian artist named Sandy Denny. We currently are working on a Pretenders cover as well. I always want to cover...
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. We plan on continuing this enterprise as long as this Earth will have us! Our new album comes out July 26th, and our sister band CCFX will be touring Europe in the fall...
Hopefully we can plan a trip to Brazil!
Q: Any parting words?
10.Peace to everyone out there...