sexta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2018

In a Sea of You with Vintage Flowers - An Interview


Melodias iluminadas, como o mais reluzente nascer do sol californiano, assim são as cintilantes canções do Vintage Flowers.

Composto pelos amigos, .E. Paguyo, Ian Gallegos, Anton Rotter-Sieren e Harrison Chadwick, os caras são obviamente da Califórnia, e todo essa brisa embalsa "In a Sea of You", segundo trabalho deles.

Conectando-se com gente da atualidade como Dear Tracks, Beach Fossils, Best Coast entre outros, os caras engrossam as trilhas sonoras do entardecer a beira mar.

Totalmente sem contra indicação.

***** Interview with Vintage Flowers *****


Q. When did Vintage Flowers begin? Tell us about the history...
A. Vintage Flowers started as my solo project back in the summer of 2013 in Oakland, CA right before I began college at UC Davis. I had a lot of free time and I was feeling very inspired to write music. The project picked up at the end of 2015 when I met our drummer Ian. At this point I had written enough songs for live performances, so we recruited our bassist Anton and guitarist Harrison to fill out the lineup. We played a lot of shows around Davis, Oakland, and San Francisco. Recently I finished our first album, In a Sea of You, and we just got back from our west coast tour in Seattle, Portland, Berkeley, and LA.

Q: Who are your influences?
A. I am influenced by so many artists, there are too many to list! My biggest influences are probably The Beatles, Alasdair MacLean from the band The Clientele, and various artists on the record label Captured Tracks.

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
A. 1) What a Pleasure - Beach Fossils
2) The Violet Hour - The Clientele
3) Oshin - DIIV
4) Here Comes Everybody - The Wake
5) Soft Dreams - Dear Tracks

Q. How do you feel playing live?
A. I absolutely love playing live. It gives me a lot of joy to share my music and interact with the audience. I also really enjoy watching the other bands play live.

Q. How do you describe Vintage Flowers´ sounds?
A. I would describe our sound as a mix of dream pop and indie rock, with elements of shoegaze and bedroom pop.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
A. Our debut album was completely home recorded. I use a Focusrite Scarlett and Logic Pro X. I start by recording drums. Then I track the bass and guitars over the drums. Finally I record vocals. I love recording at home because I can take my time and really get the sounds and tones that I want. I also enjoy the learning and growing process of recording on my own.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
A. There are too many to recommend!!! A few of my favorites are Men I Trust, Dear Tracks, Jade TV, Municipality, Major Murphy, Lomelda, Adult Mom, and Big Thief.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
A. I would love to cover Melancholy Man by The Wake.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
A. I am moving to LA for graduate school this August. I plan to continue writing songs when I have time and form a live band for playing shows. Hopefully I can record a proper full length album within the next couple of years!

Q: Any parting words?
A. Follow us on Instagram @vintageflowersband and on Facebook! Peace and love! -J.E.
*
*
*
Thanks