quarta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2017

For The Empty with Herlights - An Interview


O russo Sergey Iakimov é a mente e o criador do projeto Herlights que já tem no currículo dois trabalhos, os singles "One Day" e "For The Empty ", onde ambos passeiam pela conexão The Wake (fase Harmony) e Radio Dept, (quando eles eram bons), sim, um dreampop cristalino com tendências pós punk, notadamente essas referências se explicitam em "For The Empty" na belíssima "Alice" e principalmente na perfeição de "Monotony".

Apenas então somente por conta de "Monotony" o Herlights se credencia como uma das grandes promessas para esse 2017, que assim seja.

***** Interview with Herlights *****


Q. When did Herlights start? Tell us about the history...
Hello, my name is Sergey, I know that in Brazil, my name means something decent)) Herlignts, this is my side project. my main band called Horsefish. we play instrumental shoegaze. Herlignts I started in May 2016 issued two releases I'm doing all the music alone. friend of mine helps with the lyrics, because I do not speak English very well. is all I can tell you about the history of)) I am playing music for a long time about 10 years

Q: Who are your influences?
It influenced me as a musician: Nirvana and Seattle all wave 90s. just a lot of English music: Sex Pistols, Joy Division, the Smiths, the Stone Roses still influenced: Deftones, Radiohead all Projects Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Dinosaur Jr., 64daysofstatic, Diiv and many many things of Russian bands: Кино, Психея, Дельфин, 7Раса, Wax angel, Motorama, Human tetris, Aerofall copy and paste the name into youtube. maybe you discover something new for yourself

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Nevermind and in Utero(Nirvana)
White pony(Deftones)
Unknown pleasure(Joy division)
Siamese dream(Smashing pumpkins)

Q. How do you feel playing live?
When I'm on stage, I dive into some other world. the world of music and live flies like 5 minutes.

Q. How do you describe Herlights sounds?
Sound Herlights I would describe as melodic, romantic, dreamy, indie pop - post_punk, but with rock backgrounds and rock roots I like to call it Dreamwave. although I know that this is a different musical genre


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Sometimes compose songs quickly and easily such as the "Morning Song" is sometimes difficult to slowly and painfully like "one day" I write songs at home. This is not no secrets, everything is very banal. I am using laptop and music software. the value of my home studio $ 1,000

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
New bands hmmm Radio Dept opened not long ago for yourself dma"s Marsheaux, veranodel83pop,
Moscow Olympics (Philippine band is very cool) L'An2000

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I'll cover exactly on the beatles and i love her in recent time, this song drives me crazy

Q: What are your plans for the future?
Future plans to release a single. it will be very soon. write a few more songs and start practicing with this material. This immediate plans, I do not plan far

Q: Any parting words? Thanks again
I would like to say cool, that we live in a time when there is the internet and can be here and so to communicate and get to know a lot because the world is so big. Thanks for the interview

PEACE FOR EVERYONE
*
*
*
Thanks

https://herlights.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1779841328961391/
https://vk.com/herlightsband