domingo, 22 de novembro de 2009

Catch the Breeze with Moonbeams - An Interview with Ryan Lescure


San Diego, California, este é o lar do Moonbeams, ouvi-los é uma sensação de calmaria, frescor, como se todas as manhãs acordassemos no paraiso, as vezes guitarras altas, as vezes guitarras candidas e vocais doces e cristalinos, este é o clima que transcende o EP homonimo de estréia de Ryan Lescure, o homem por trás desta sonoridade.

Canções como Save my Soul, Echoing Seasons evocam Slowdive, mestres e maior influência deles palavras do própria Ryan, em entrevista concedida após ele próprio me presentear com o EP, as perolas do Moonbeams não acabam por ai, Awake e Fireworks puxam uma influência mais noise com trejeitos de Echodrone do Skywave, sem mais por menores veja a conversa bacana com o gentil e cortez Ryan Lescure e seu Moonbeams.


***** Interview With Ryan Lescure from Moonbeams *****

Q. When Moonbeams starts?Tell us about the beggining...
A - Moonbeams started in Spring 2009, but I have been making music for a long time. I have loved shoegaze for a while now. I started Moonbeams as my own project, recording overdubs of myself in my bedroom. We initially were going to blend twee pop and shoegaze, but I had more fun writing the shoegaze songs, so I stuck with that. When we started playing live, it was just my girlfriend and I. Now we play as a four piece.

Q. Who are Moonbeams influences?
A - I am specifically influenced by albums I always look for in the record shops but can never seem to find...shoegaze bands like Lilys, Swirlies, Slowdive, the Telescopes, Astrobrite, Secret Shine and Skywave. I am also influenced by 1990s indie pop...the Field Mice, the Cranberries, the La's, the Sundays, Rocketship, Belle & Sebastian, etc.

Q. Tell us about the process of recording the debut ep?
A - I have an old 4-track tape recorder that I used for the EP. I recorded most of it in my bedroom. The 4-track is usually broken, resulting in one track being quieter than the others, or it will randomly turn off while I'm using it. It's frustrating, but I think it has a lot of personality.

Q. How was the shows?
A - The shows are fun. We are so much louder and intense live than we are recorded. The musicians that I play with are my best friends too, so it's very rewarding.

Q. What´s your opinion about shoegazer classic era?
A - Classic shoegazer era...I love bands like My Bloody Valentine, Spacemen 3, and the Jesus and Mary Chain, but I have always liked Slowdive the most. They definitely have a big influence on the music I make.

Q. Which new bands you recommended?
A - New bands I recommend...A Place to Bury Strangers, Tears Run Rings, the Fauns, Darker My Love, Ceremony, The 1959 Hat Company, I heard the Vandelles the other day and they sounded pretty cool.

Q. What´s the plans for future?
A - I plan on recording more and more! I'm going to try to put out an LP.

*
*
*
Thank you, Renato.
Thanks a lot Ryan...it´s a pleasure to me...

******

Moonbeams - EP - http://www.mediafire.com/?2j251zmd3yz
http://www.myspace.com/moonbeamssandiego