Melodias espaciais, guitarras shoegazers, tudo evocando o paraíso.
Não a toa os caras citam o debute do Verve, A Stormy in Heaven como um de seus albuns de cabeceira, a sonoridade dos espanhóis do Berlina em seu terceiro ep homônimo evoca os bons tempos do Verve.
Contato imediato via facebook através de Alfonso Herrero, o Berlina neste ep mostra que o álbum cheio vem daquele jeito.
Pra ficar de olhos abertos e olhando pros sapatos.
***** Interview with Berlina *****
Q. When did berlina starts, tell us about the history.. .
1l I (Alfonso) started with it all at the end of 2006 in Madrid. I placed a classified ad in a website for musicians and came across Sylvain (bass player) and Sergio (vocals and guitar) very quickly. We had several drummers before Jose joined us two years ago. Not a very interesting story, I guess. But except the drummer, we're all the original members and that has positively contributed to the development of our sound.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Influences... We all have diverse influences but bearing in mind the music we play I'd remark bands such as Slowdive, The Cure, Tortoise, early The Verve... And more recent ones such us Lotus Plaza, Lower Dens, Autolux...
Q. Made a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. A Storm in Heaven (The Verve).
Desintegration (The Cure).
Mellon Collie and the infinite sadness(Smashing Pumpkins).
Q. How do you fell playing alive?
4. We feel nearly 100% good and comfortable. There's still a certain way to go in this respect.
Q. How do you describe Berlina sounds?
5. Atmospheric and ethereal sound, with layering distorted guitars and quite intricate rhythms. We love creating either dreamy pop songs or more complex instrumentals.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. We usually record each instrument separately. We work on demos, along with our producer, before going to the studio.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7. I recommend listening to Autolux (USA), Aurora (Spain), Havalina (Spain).
Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
8. We'd love to play "A Storm in heaven" by The Verve in a very accurate way. So, it wouldn't really be a cover.
Q: What´s the plans for future..
Our main plan is to finish composing our first Lp and to record it between February and March 2015. In the meantime, we'll have some gigs in Spain and check out the people's reactions to the new songs...
Q: Any parting words?