Adam Planta Boal já passou por aqui há alguns meses atrás com sua outra banda o The Quivers em entrevista que você lê aqui. Agora é a vez de sua nova banda com Daniel Wilson,Miranda Holt e Lewis O'Brien o Kodiak Galaxy.
Shoegazer clássico claramente influenciado por Ride, Slowdive e pitadas de pós punk.
Ainda sem nenhum registro oficial, mas com muita sondagem de várias gravadoras, certamente o Kodiak Galaxy em breve nos brindara com seu belíssimo shoegazer melancólico.
Para adorares da Scene.
***** Interview with Kodiak Galaxy *****
1. Kodiak Galaxy was originally started as the personal project of me (Adam Boal) while fronting Melbourne shoe gaze/psych outfit The Quivers, consisting of songs I was writing that didn't really suit The Quivers. With interest from various labels and listeners both in Australia and Overseas, it only made sense to get a band together and in late 2014, Daniel Wilson (Fathoms) , Miranda Holt (Strangers From Now On) and Lewis O’Brien (Snowfight in the City Centre UK) came on board to bring the band to life.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Hmmm, I would say in no order: Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, The Smiths, early The Cure, Neu!, Ride, Deerhunter and various newer bands
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. Again in no order (and to be honest this sometimes changes, I'm also cheating because I can't make my mind up):
The Smiths - The Smiths,
Slowdive - Souvlaki/Just for a Day,
Ride - Nowhere/Going Blank Again,
Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet,
The Cure - 17 Seconds (it was the first vinyl record I ever owned, given to me by older brother)
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. I absolutely love playing live! It's probably my favourite thing ever. Just playing your music loud, together with a group of amazing people and knowing that every time you play a song it will be different and that the music means different things to different people in the audience. The connection between band members and also between the audience is a really unique experience.
Q. How do you describe Kodiak Galaxy sounds?
5. I would say we are equal parts dreamy, jangly, intense, happy and sad.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Recording differs from song to song, from me working in my home studio stitching together songs to the whole band working together in a more professional studio.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7. We are lucky in here in Australia as there is a lot of great talent especially in the indie/shoegaze scene so that's who I will recommend. Bands such as Lowtide, The Answering Belles, Togetherapart, Closer, VHS Dream, Collider, our drummer Miranda's other band Strangers form Now On, Peter Lubulwa, and heaps more.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. I would love to do an Elliot Smith cover but I feel that perhaps he should never be covered and that his music should be left the way it is. I also feel the same way about The Smiths.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. Future plans are to record a lot more, play lost of gigs and enjoy music!
Q: Any parting words?
10. To everyone: keep loving music! It truly is a wonderful, wonderful thing and if you play music, keep on playing forever. To this blog and it's readers, I want thank for what you are doing, it's people like you that really help independent music and musicians when the music "industry" is so...... fucked up.