Are We Still The Same é o ep de estreia dos californianos do Losing End e o título é bem auto explicativo se formos co relacionar com as quatro cacetadas do EP.
É puro 90´s, Dinosaur Jr, Superchunk, Trail of Dead, guitarrada pra todo lado em alta rotação pra ouvir alto e sair pulando, ou pra pegar seu skate e dar um rolê, faça sol ou faça chuva certamente o Losing End é a companhia adequada.
E nós realmente ainda continuamos os mesmos, ainda bem.
Q. When did Losing End started, tell us about the history...
- We started in May 2014. I had recorded the songs that would make the first ep, playing everything except for bass which was done by Tyler. Tyler and I wanted to play live obviously so we got Frankie to drum. Played as a three piece for the first handful of shows. Tyler now plays guitar and Dylan is playing bass. Much better that way. We've all played music together in different bands since we were like 12.
Q: Who are your influences?
- Trail of Dead, Neil Young, Archers of Loaf, Wipers, CCR. I think the list can go on forever.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
- At this moment, the 5 albums of all time in no particular order, and I am positive that I forgot a bunch:
"Vs" - Mission of Burma
"Power, Corruption, & Lies" - New Order
"Leaves Turn Inside You" - Unwound
"Green River" - Creedence Clearwater Revival
"On the Beach" - Neil Young
Q. How do you feel playing live?
- We feel free when we play live. It is the rare chance that people will watch us do we what we like to do. Maybe they'll like it, maybe they won't. Nothing is deliberate.
Q. How do you describe Losing End sounds?
- Whatever we're feeling is how we sound. Almost always going hard, but we can turn down. Lots of big chords, and generally a good time.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
- The ep on the bandcamp was recorded by Tyler and I in the living room of my dad's old house. It was then remixed by Alex at The Earth Capital. The upcoming one was done live with our friend Jules in his studio in a few hours.
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
- Sustains, Sheer
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
- We literally want to cover everything we like.
Q: What´s the plans for future....
- We are working on getting the next ep out, and currently preparing an album. There will be a more official release with the next ep, nothing that I can spoil yet. Maybe even a name change. Keep your eyes peeled, we'll keep you excited.
Q: Any parting words?
- Thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate it. Maybe we can do another one but we'll kick it in Sao Paolo with you.