Grande, grande descoberta deste inicio de ano, devo isso ao amigo Lorenzo Mancini do grande mais muito grande Sonic Jesus, que me apresentou seu novo projeto o Sprained Cookies, que já nos primeiros instantes não há como não se apaixonar pela voz de Cecilia Frusciante, e a eloquente instrumentacão que dá o amparo perfeito para sua voz.
Não esperem nada parecido com os mantras psych do Sonic Jesus, o Sprained Cookies pega um pouco de tudo que foi feio nas últimas décadas na música, psicodelia, folk, shoegazer, tudo docemente perturbador e sexy, é simplesmente impossível não se render ao Sprained Cookies.
2014 vai ser o ano deles, guardem isso.
Q. When did Sprained Cookies starts, tell us about the history...
1) All started in 2009, when Corradio Maria de Santis and I met, it was in Benevento after one of his gigs, shortly after we' ve decided to record two songs as we were already in tune with each other idea of music and feelings.
Q: Who are your influences?
2) Our influences are very different but shuffled with a certain moderation, we love the sound from the 60's psychedelic scene, Ultimate Spinach, Eric Burdon, The Sonics, The Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills and Nah, Free, The Velvet Underground but also artists from the present, I can say Nick Cave, Mark Lanegan, Thurston Moore, PJ Harvey, The BJM!
Q. Made a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3) It's very hard to pick out, there are so many works we appreciate, but here you are:
- "Piper at the gates of dawn" Pink Floyd
- "A love supreme" John Coltrane
- "Meat is murder" The Smiths
- "Fun House" Iggy Pop and the Stooges
- "Waiting for the sun" The Doors
Q. How do you fell playing alive?
4) We think that's the most exciting thing for a band, during the gig we feel like there's no tomorrow comin'!We try to give as much as we can to the people standing in front of us.
Q. How do you describe Sprained Cookies sounds?
5) Our sound is always ongoing, it evolves with our evolution as time passes.We started with a bluegrass or psycho rock sound, whereas at the present time we have this electropsycho sound!
6) About the process of recording...well, we live in two different and distant cities (at about 200 km), it's a bit diffult to meet up with, fortunately we have this great mean that is internet, so we easily share and find a mutual inspiration.We feel strong about our common idea of music, thanks to it, we keep a very close contact, we go on with creating our music, until we meet at the recording studio and lock all the stuff up!
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7) Rather than suggest a name about a new band, we would like to say that we appreciate every single musician that is experimenting, researching, questing over his own possibilities and out of the labelling issue.
Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
8) We would love to cover any song of those I mentioned above!
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9) We imagine new studio albums, we hope to get to go around and play, have multi-colored experiences and translate them in music, seek and devour life in music!
Q: Any parting words?
10) Yes, rock and roll and thanks for this nice interview!Greetings, Cecilia Frusciante
Thanks Cecilia and Lorenzo