Definitivamente virou uma tendência sonora dos novos tempos, pegar o shoegaze e mistura-locom doses profundas de melancolia, adicione também guitarreira noventista, naipe, Dinosaur Jr e Smashing Pumpkins, e uma profunda dose de Sunny Day Real Estate, e esta feito a escola post shoegaze, se podemos assim defini-la.
Seguindo os passos de gente como Nothing, Whirr entre outros, os noruegueses do Sweam, seguem essa linhagem de barulho desacelerado e encharcado de melancolias.
Os chatos de plantão vão dizer que é derivativo, e aquele blá blá blá todo, mas o ponto é que o Sweam é bom pra cacete, e fica melhor ainda ouvindo em volume máximo com fones de ouvido preferencialmente.
***** Interview with Sweam *****
1. Sweam formed in spring 2016 when Jørgen (guitar) and Jan (bass) who were friends in college started jamming now and then. after an LSD and the Search for God concert Jørgen randomly met Jonas (vocals and guitar) after he yelled “You love J Mascis!” at Jørgen. They’ve been best mates ever since. Siri who plays keyboard and sings, and drummer Gulliver joined shortly after through Jørgen who went to college with them.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Slowdive, Smashing Pumpkins and Sonic Youth, to name a few. Oh, and how could we forget... My bloody Valentine!
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. Well, since there’s five of us and it’s almost impossible for us to come to a unanimous decision, we’ve chosen an album each.
Siri: Opeth - Heritage
Jørgen: Swirlies - they spent their wild youthful days in the glittering world of the salons
Jan: Van Morrison - Into the music
Jonas: Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Gulliver: Sun kil moon - Benji.
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. We love to play live, and want to do it as much as possible, all of us get a kick out of it. Hopefully we will be able to go on a bigger tour soon, thats the goal!
Q. How do you describe Sweam sounds
5. Massive guitars drowned in reverb layered with bright synthesizers, nostalgic lyrics and dynamic drums to glue it all together.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. Siri works as a sound engineer at an independent recording studio in Oslo called Rich Tone Audio, where we recorded the singles. Since we’re a relatively new band we wanted to experiment and take our time to test out different recording techniques to develop our sound accordingly. We’re really happy with the results, but we always like to try new things musically so who knows what we’ll do in the process of our next release!
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. We’re really into Oslo bands like FOAMMM, Amber Clouds and Outer Limit Lotus, so many cool bands from Norway at the moment. Oslo-gaze lives on! Iris and Jaguwar will send shivers down your spine as well. Definitely worth checking out.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. We like the idea of mixing genres that in theory wouldn’t make sense. Like Shoegaze and 70’s Disco. So maybe like Bee gees? Yeah, Bee gees. That would be awesome. It could also be really shit though...
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. Keep writing songs, record an EP or maybe another couple of singles and then hopefully tour abroad in the near future.
Q: Any parting words?
10. We really appreciate being in the blog, we’re big fans! And thanks for listening!