Novamente ondas australianas aterrizam no TBTCI, dessas vez de Melbourne, em tonalidades multi psicodelicas e ambientes sonhadoras, o Sunset Dreams, debutou ano passado co Worn Jumpers, EP que segue uma linhagem do início do Tame Impala porém mais intenso e lo-fi.
Mês passado, o Sunset Dreams voltou com novo single "Mister Me/Feels Like I´m Falling" deixando de certa forma, ou melhor, colocando em primeiro plano o lado dreampop e deixando as experimentações menos intensas.
Seja mais sonhador ou mais freak, o Sunset Dreams é um convite a boas vibrações.
***** Inteview with Sunset Dreams *****
- Sunset Dreams started when I had to move to a new city about a year ago and I really wanted to start a band but I didn't really know anyone else really interested in the music I liked so I just saved up to buy a bit of recording equipment and learn't how to record music from home and now I've just become obsessed with bedroom producing.
Q: Who are your influences?
- My main influences would have to be Tame Impala, Mac Demarco, Toro y Moi, The Drums and any form of 70s/80s disco/dance music or really just anything that makes you want to dance.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
- Crime of the Century by Supertramp,
Meddle by Pink Floyd,
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven by Godspeed You! Black Emperor,
Lonerism by Tame Impala
and Since I Left You by The Avalanches
Q. How do you feel playing live?
- I get really really nervous but as soon as I start playing it's over in a blur and I always end up having a good time.
Q. How do you describe Sunset Dreams sounds?
- A 16 year old trying to write psychedelic pop music
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
- It's really random, It normally just starts with a riff or an idea I have in my head and I'll figure things out as I go along and add bits and pieces to it and just see what sounds cool.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
- Everyone needs to check out Space Carbonara, Maple Moths, Conversationalists and e4444e !!
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
- I would love to do a cover of Blondie's Heart of Glass or Rod Stewart's Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
Q: What are your plans for the future?
- To play as many shows as possible, finish my 2nd and 3rd EP and to finish school!
Q: Any parting words?
- Bless ya for the interview and hope you all enjoy the tunes because I'm gonna keep spamming you all with them