Seguindo a linhagem das novas bandas que pegam o shoegaze e jogam o pos hardcore sobre ele, acelerando e desacelerando sempre com melancolia e muito peso, leia-se Whirr, Nothing e outros, chega a vez agora nas páginas do TBTCI para engrossar esse filão os ingleses do Simmer.
Pouco mais de um ano de banda e o barulho já esta feito. Your Tonal Mess e Yellow Streak, respectivamente primeiro e segundo EP dos caras são duas marretadas encharcadas de sofrimento e peso, sem contar no novo e dissonante material, Paper Prisms o último petardo disponível é algo como os 90´s sendo chutado pra fora da nossa época.
Tem que ficar de olhos e ouvidos abertos.
***** Interview with Simmer *****
1. Summer started just over a year ago. We'd been in band previously but never took ourselves seriously. We finally got round to recording a record elsewhere (we recorded things ourself previously), and people really liked it.
Q: Who are your influences?
2. Our influences range very widely. From the obvious Title Fight, to bands like Hot Snakes. Anything punk related usually draws some interest from us.
Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. My favourite 5 albums (Julius - singer) would be:
Radiohead: Kid A
Nirvana: In Utero
Title Fight: Floral Green
Hot Snakes: Audit In Progress
Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. We're comfortable live together. I've been playing with our drummer for over 10 years so we know how to deal with it all.
Q. How do you describe Simmer sounds?
5. Our sound is forever changing. I still personally think we're searching for our own niche. We may have just acquired a new vocalist too. But that's a different story.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. The receding process was tiresome but we prepared well for it all. Songs naturally change when you hit the studio but all for the greater good. I think we coped well considering we'd never recorded a full length record before.
Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. New bands: Leatherneck, Water Canvas, Rain, Piperdream, Birdskulls, Muskets, Deja Vega, Doctrines, Claw the Thin Ice - the list could go on forever.
Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. We don't really do covers, but I guess maybe an old Whirr song would be fun to play.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. We want to tour and write more music. In fact, were already sorting both. We have a lot things planned for next year, especially with the release of our debut LP, which comes out Feb via Dog Knights Productions.