Hora e vez do lado soturno do TBTCI atacar, synth punk com toque forte de cold wave esse é o Discodeath duo italiano que teve seu debute lançado pela importantíssima gravadora No Emb Blanc / Kernkrach.
Album dançante e pesado, não a toa os caras citam Absolute Body Control e Linear Movement como suas influências além de punks como Screamers, Nuns e por ai vai, discaço do início ao fim sem um momento sequer para respirar, recomendadíssimo e essencial para os que abraçam a nova geração do mininal synth.
***** Interview with Discodeath *****
Q. When did Discodeath starts, tell us about the history...
1) Hello! The Discodeath were born recently, exactly in the fall of 2012, Mark and I at the same time we were part of a punk-rock band the TV Drugs, which broke up shortly afterwards. Marco and I were very attentive to the reality of music, and besides we liked punk bands like Deux, Linear Movement, Philip Laurent and Absolute Body Control. Mark told me that he had written songs, made her listen to me and I found them beautiful, I also had in mind a few pieces, so we have written them and was born a demo. After that was broadcast on Disc Delirium Mark Ashwort (an italian radio trasmission), we tried to make her feel at labels and Rainer (Genetic / No Blank em), we immediately responded with enthusiasm. We then made an album for No Emb Blanc / Kernkrach.
Q: Who are your influences?
2) Our influences, mainly have to do with punk rock and new wave, punk only what we believe existed, ranging from 76 to '82. We listened to a lot of bands like,Nervous Gender, the Screamers, Nuns or Los Reactors, there like the punk and new wave of yugoslavia, such as Buldogi, Kuzle ... Paraf ... Pekinska Patka. We also like the 80's pop, things like Italo Disco or Plastic Bertrand.
Q. Made a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3)Nevermind the Bollocks – Sex Pistols ,
Romania – The Nuns ,
Figures – Absolute Body Control,
On the Screen – Linear Movement.
Q. How do you fell playing alive?
4) In live we play with twoo synths a Microkorg and a Roland Juno GI.
Q. How do you describe Discodeath sounds?
5) The sound of Discodeath? In a word ... I would say that it is sincere.
Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6)The Discodeath, record and mix in my house. Our demo was born there. Usually for the songs, there comes to mind a bass line and a vocal line, then try to articulate rhythms and riffs keyboards!
Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7) Aktion, Circa Tapes , Ariisk, Lower Synth Department, BlackMondays, Paradox Obscure.
Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
8)We've never played covers. We prefer to do our songs.
Q: What´s the plans for future....
9) We would like to make a video and do now know our music all over the world. We want to play as much as possible.
Q: Any parting words?
10) Greetings to all our supporters and friends! Thank you so much to you Renato! We hope to see you soon!